A question please...

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 15:38:43 UTC 2005

On 6/18/05, XxxX AgainAbsent <northstarx at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, to All i am installing fc3 on my computer for test and it is stakking on
> the grafical screen.
> or maybe i need to now haw to switch on runlevel 3 or Text mod ...
>
> Best Regards.
>
> Nuran.

Nuran,
   I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want
to install using the text installer? If so, when booting type

linux text

and the installer will work in text mode isntead of graphical mode.

   If you have already installed but you don't want the system to come
up in graphical mode then you need to edit the /etc/inittab file and
change the default runlevel from 5 to 3.

hope this helps,
Mark