eth0 nw interface problem

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jun 21 17:22:37 UTC 2005

digvijoy Chatterjee wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 15:30, Navin SONI wrote:
>
>>hello all,
>>
>>i recently installed RH9.0 on my new HP-Proliant DL145G2 Server.
>>
>>But the system eth0 interface is not coming up.if i do
>>
>>ifconfig -a command,only lo0 interface comes up.
>>
>>i tried doing ifconfig eth0 up also,but it says no such device.
>>
>>the network card is "Broadcom Netxtreme ethernet BCM5721"
>>

>>Any help in this regard would be apprecible.
>>
>>thanks
>>navin.

>>mostly redhat 9.0 wont have a driver for ur card try using RHEL-3 or Fedora core 2,3,4

Nope.  Broadcom doesn't provide open source drivers for their wireless
cards.  You need to get ndiswrapper (http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net)
which uses the Windows XP driver.  Once you've built ndiswrapper, you
go find the XP driver's .inf and .sys files on the Windows CD, put them
in a directory under Linux and tell ndiswrapper about them.  ndiswrapper
then uses the XP drivers to drive your card.
-     There are only 10 kinds of people in the world -- those who    -
-                 understand binary and those who don't              -