CUPS Dilemna

mylar micros50 at computer.net
Thu Mar 24 04:20:33 UTC 2005

I have a network with several Linux and Windows machines. The Linux
machines are running Fedora 1 and Fedora 3 and one of the Linux machines
(running Fedora 1) has a printer attached to it and on that machine I am
running CUPS set appropriatly to share that printer queue with all other
machines on the network. It works fine, problem free except on one Linux
machine running Fedora three where no "browsed queues" show up. The odd
thing was that machine was seeing the queue in it's list of browsed
queues up till a few days ago. I thought perhaps the machine with the
printer attached wasn't broadcasting it's queue anymore for some strange
reason but that isd unlikely being that all other machines on the
network see the printer with no problem. I checked the CUPS
configuration on the problem machine and all seems normal. Nothing was
changed and the daemon is up and running normally. The machine seems to
be networked normally I can ping, telnet and ssh into all other
networked machines as well as access the Internet.

Am I missing anything ? Any preliminary ideas why the printer would
suddenly dissapear and only to one machine on the network ? This is
really bizarre.

mylar