Network Problems

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Mon May 9 18:57:34 UTC 2005

Thanks for the reply Mark,

I'll try your suggestions tonight.  About the X-Box.  Yes, it connects to the internet so what it's telling me is the modem is talking to the LinkSys box and the downlink is getting to my basement switch/wireless box as both the X-Box and wireless connections seem to work (I haven't tested the other connections from the basement but they are probably working.

The linksys has 5 out put lines (one a down link the other four switches) I'm not sure how all that is wired but there must be some separation between the down link to isolate it from a power surge or what ever killed the other lines.  I was under the impression that I had either #4 to hook a computer up to or I could use the down link which I thought just crossed a few wires to get the connection to work but I may be wrong.

I'll unhook everything and cycle the power again then try your one up check.

Thanks

Brad