Strange Drive Read

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Sat May 21 04:19:48 UTC 2005

My machine is going nuts -going to a command line prompt (root) I
see the following

hdh:ATAPI reset timedout, status=0X80 ide3: reset, success
hdh: status timedout;status= 0X80 {busy}
hdh:drive not ready for command
scsi:aborting command timed out.....

over and over again

Any idea?  I've rebooted and it starts doing it again.  My CD
writer has a steady orange light on - I believe the drive is
empty, I need to shut down and see if I can open it (there isn't
a place to put a paper clip in to force an eject.

HELP, thanks

Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.