New to Linux - Purchased the Course - Now confused!

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Wed May 25 11:38:55 UTC 2005

Snider, Andy a écrit :

>Hello,

Hi Andy

>	We are currently migrating to Linux and have purchased about $3000 dollars worth of courses.
>
>	a) My first 'Linux Essentials:The Basics' Course Introduction states I require SSH? to access the lab
>
>	b) Under the heading Where can I get the SSH program? ,  It then suggests that SSH client is available for windows 98/NT/95
>
>		(No Windows 2000 for users waiting to migrate to Linux? )
>
>		 followed by the comment
>
>		'Freely available on the Internet, you may have to do some digging' ?????
>
>	c) I have looked for the referenced 'Resouces page' I have searched for the RedHats own SSH download
>	(surely they must have one if their courses rely on it?) and have, so far, found neither.
>

>	My initial questions are
>

>	1) Is SSH shareware? Do RedHat rely on 'Download.com' etc to facilitate their courses?

ssh is included as server and client in all linux distribution. Under
windows, you can use Putty to connect to an ssh server. Just google with
"ssh windows client" to find what you're looking for.

>	2) Where is the web page supplying a RedHat offical support email address (can't find that either!)
>
>	I am sure Linux is the way forward, but my first impression of RedHats Web site / Elearning,  is pure frustration.

Information you ask for are not purely RedHat related. This list is a
good step for asking help but before, you have to check over the
internet (Google is a good friend) and with the documentation coming
with your distrib (man, docs , ...).

Always think that someone else surely had same questions that you so
answer is somewhere. Auto learning is 200% more efficient than just
copying ;-)

--
Daniel