Setup window

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 02:54:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Kevin Raber wrote:

> brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> > Just got home from vacation - took a lot of pictures with my
> > digital camera.  Transfered all the jpg's to some CD's and to my
> > hard drive.
> >
> > If I put the CD into the cd-drive the window opens up and
> > displays thumbnails of all the photos - very nice.
> >
> > If I open up the drive with the photos on it all I get is Icon's.
> > How do I change the settings so I get thumbnails like when I put
> > the CD in?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brad Mugleston, KI0OT
> >
> > There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
> > understand binary and those that don't.
> >

> browse to the folder, then click View, As Catalog - Redhat remembers the view
> selection, and applies it to subdirs as well.
>
> ktr at mtu.edu

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply - Yes, I can change to Catalog and it
changes to the Catalog view.  I'm looking at a CD right now and
in the ICON view above each file name is a small view of the
picture.  If I do the same thing with the drive the pictures are
saved to I don't see the preview of the picture but an ICON of
two mountains or something with the word JPG over the top.  I
want to change the ICON view to show a preview of what the photo
is.  Took over 200 photos and without having to open each one I'd
like to know what they are as even using a long name discription
will not really tell me which picture is which.

I just can not figure out what the difference in the setup is
between the ICON view of the CD and a drive.

BTW I'm running RH9.0

Thanks,

Brad