Eratic Cursor Behavior

Mike Markiw III mmarkiw at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 9 21:23:22 UTC 2005

I've seen this before as well.  I'm not entirely sure what causes it, but I've seen it both on Linux (several distros) and Windows (several versions).  The only commonality I can seem to find is that everytime it happens to me I'm using an optical mouse.  Bad driver?  Spurious signal from the optical device itself?  I haven't a clue, and I feel your pain.  Working late at night or at the end of a long day is not the time for mouse pointers to be pulling practical jokes ;)

-Mike