recovering read only filesystem

Sujitkumar Shirkar sujitkumar_shirkar at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:28:37 UTC 2005

Hello friends

We have one linux redhad system with kernel 2.6.1, and it was running fine
for long time, because of some reasone we not able to use this system for
last 4 months, before 4 month system was runnig fine without any problem.
today we wanted to start system and it stoping at the startup after it
checks for filesystem, and it prompts to press "Control+D" to continue
(reboot) or type root password to repair filesystem. after you type root
password it comes to "recover filesystem" prompt,
Here it is showing file system as read only, even fstab file is empty.
system is not going in single mode also. i tried doing e2fsck to check
filesystem but come back with error"cant read superblock on hda3"

Any suggestion on this

waiting for your valuable suggestion

This is system is running with customised kernel for video application

With Thanks and aRegards

Sujitkumar Shirkar
IT & DATA Manager
Pixion