kernel panic (maybe a stupid question)

bigodines - bigodines at yahoo.com.br
Wed Nov 30 14:45:24 UTC 2005

Hi guys!

I was running RH Enterprive v3 and I then I tried to
migrate to the version 4. Ok, I'm not a linux expert
(I'm just a regular desktop user that just started
with this server stuff). Instalation went well, no
errors at all. So, after reboot, I still have two
options to choose (one is the kernel with SMP and the
other is the 'regular' kernel).

If I choose the kernel with SMP, the system works OK
(well I didn't tested everything, but at least it
starts and give me no errors)

If I try to enter using the kernel withou smp, I've
something like:

"Creating root device
mkrootdev: label / not found
mount: error 2 mounting ext3
mount: error 2 mounting none"

Probably this is a totally newbie question... but I
really don't know what to do to fix this problem.

BTW: Before this try to upgrade, everything was
working well.

Best Regards,
Matheus

bigodines
"Sexo é como truco, se não se tem um bom parceiro, é melhor que se tenha uma boa mão."

bigodines at yahoo.com.br // lambari at incegos.zzn.com