install Logitech pro 4000 on RHEL WS 3 ?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Sep 16 20:16:59 UTC 2005

Guoguang Chen wrote:

> Hello, guys,
>
> I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 3 on my desktop now, and I want to
> install a webcam Logitech Pro 4000 on it, but the default driver pwc.o
> seems not to work.  What should I do?
>
> Anybody can help me out?  I'll greatly appreciate your assistance and
> kindness.

We really need to see the USB ID number on the camera.  Plug it in and
do an "lsusb" as the root user.  Send us the USB ID number.  A good page
to look at regarding Logitech webcams is:

	http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/search_res.php?pattern=logitech

Note that if the ID is 046d:08b2, then pwc is the right driver, but it
is limited.  There's a newer version of it out there available at
http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc
-  What's small, yellow and very, VERY dangerous?  The root canary!  -