IPTables outbound

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Fri Apr 14 05:23:02 UTC 2006

I turn off the outbound traffic for all my network except my mail/web server
at 11:30pm each night to encourage the boys to go to bed. However, I've
noticed that if their link is up at the time it goes down, they stay online.
Is there something I can do that's a bit more 'annoying' to them? If I get
on the gateway router and reboot it, they are gone, but that's not something
I have been able to automate. Cisco doesn't like remote control...

One thought is to take eth1 down, which is the internal gateway on the
10.0.0.0 network. The outside network is 172.20.20.0 which is eth0 and the
Cisco gateway.

Thoughts?

--
karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
 -Ramsey Clark
---