Fedora Core 5 Dual Head

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Sun Apr 23 18:59:00 UTC 2006

When I turn on Dual Head for X.org, it looks like the second monitor has a
bad horizontal sync setting. With FC4, it worked out of the box, first try.
I've edited xorg.conf to no avail as system-config-display messes things up
rather than making it easier. On FC4, I could probe the monitor and it would
come back correctly. No such option here, or am I running the wrong app?

One very annoying little side affect is that the bottom panel is now in the
middle of the screen and one I added to the side is about 1/3rd of the way
off the right edge. I can't get those to behave either...

Help anyone?

Karl