Storage space partition

Nair, Murlidharan T mnair at iusb.edu
Fri Apr 14 22:14:02 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Bob McClure
Jr
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 5:32 PM
To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
Subject: Re: Storage space partition

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 05:20:34PM -0400, Allen, Jack wrote:

> [...]
Switch
> has 2 paths to the SAN, 2 for each SAN SP (Storage Processor). This
would
> give 4 paths to each LUN. So if the SAN has presented 4 LUNs the
system
> would see 16 /dev/sd* entries and the PowerPath software would create
> /dev/emcpowera through /dev/emcpowerd. This would hold true even if
the
> /dev/sd* started at say /dev/sdc.
> @@@@@@@@@

Okay, that makes sense.  I didn't realize the significance of /dev/sdb
and /dev/sdc.

> > 	This is a little brief in the scheme of things, but I hope it
helps.
> > I can try to give more detail if needed.
> >
> > Talk 2 U later.
> > Jack Allen
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Bob McClure, Jr.
> See answers and comments above between @@@@@@@@@@.
>
> Talk 2 U later.
> Jack Allen

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
The best things in life aren't things.

redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com

I finally finished it. I removed the volume like I mentioned before
using pvremove then recreated it using pvcreate and this time used
pvcreate /dev/emcpowera1  which was the name given to the partition. I
also added the following filter to lvm.conf
filter = [ "a/sda[1-9]$/", "a/sda[1-9][0-5]$/" "r/sd.*/", "a/.*/" ]

I am so relieved. Thank you all for your help and comments. They were
indeed very helpful. Now I am going for a well deserved game of Tennis
!!

Cheers always!!
Murli