Epson CX-3810

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Sat Aug 19 05:51:50 UTC 2006

On Fri, August 18, 2006 11:44 pm, brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> I'm running RH9 and just hooked my Epson CX-3810 all in one
> printer up to a Netgear USB print server - 192.168.1.60
>
> Can't seem to be able to print to the printer nor can I use the
> scanner.  I've read some articles of others that have done this
> but not with my setup.

I'd recommend hooking it straight into the PC via USB to see if it's
recognized. The drivers necessary to run it probably have to be loaded during
boot and won't be seen over the network, probably ever.

Also, on RH9, I beleive you have to run hotplug usb to get it to see things
correctly. I wouldn't be surprized if it never is seen unless you run a
release of Linux that has haldaemon running where hal = Hardware Abstraction
Layer, which is the same name MS uses and runs on their OS to probe for
hardware and make an attempt set it up.

> I have no problem browsing to the print server setup page so I
> can access the printer OK.  It appears that it's using SMB,
> probably a newer version of Linux than I'm running 8^)

TCP-IP is one thing, local USB is entirely different.

> Has anyone had any luck using a this print server with Redhat?
> How about this printer/scanner?  I could use some help.

Nope, totally guessing here.

> Thanks,

Save it until something works, then I'm all 'You're Welcome!' over it.

> Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

Karl

> There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
> understand binary and those that don't.

karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
    _/ _/       _/      _/    _/     ____________  _-\<._
   _/_/        _/      _/_/_/                     (_)/ (_)
  _/ _/       _/      _/           ......................
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
 the people who are evil, but because of the people who
 don't do anything about it.
 - Albert Einstein
---