Gateway problem

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Feb 13 23:38:27 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 09:10 -0800, Waldher, Travis R wrote:

> [...]

That's very dangerous, as "GATEWAY=" in, say, "ifcfg-eth0" will get
stomped on by a "GATEWAY=" in ifcfg-eth1.

> Of course, this is all personal preference.

As was mentioned by someone else, you can only have ONE default gateway,
and it should be in /etc/sysconfig/network.

-    "Hello. My PID is Inigo Montoya.  You `kill -9'-ed my parent    -
-                     process.  Prepare to vi."                      -