NIS install

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Feb 22 01:51:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 19:18 -0600, Roldán wrote:

> Hello
> Im setting up a NIS network and i have configured my server and a
> client.
> the problem is that when i do the ypinit -s myserver on the client i
> get this error message that sid that ther is not server runig in
> myserver. but when i start up the sistem it say that the bind to the
> nis domain was [ok], what i'm missing here?

Do NOT post HTML here.  No backgrounds, no cutesy rubber stamps,
nothing.  Just plain text, thank you.  Anything else may break message
threading, and we really don't want to waste bandwidth shooting around
a bunch of GIFs.

Are you sure you have nisserver running on the server ("service ypserv
start")?  Did you set up the NIS domain properly on both the server and
the client ("domainname mynisdomain")?
-     Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.      -