about nis

Roldán roldan at digi.cupet.cu
Fri Feb 24 20:16:36 UTC 2006

i'm so sorry to have to ask again about nis configuration. the fact is that
i can't get the o'relly's book, i can't afford it, i'm from cuba and i can't
buy over internet i hope you know that

any way i download some free literature about nis in orfer to know hot to
set up and i do everithing step by step and nothing works, thaht's wy i
wrote here searching for help

i only have two machines for testing purposes one is the master and the
other is the client, the master machine is named redes.digi.cupet.cu and the
other is called overmind.digi.cupet.cu both have this entry in the
/etc/sysconfig/network file:
NISDOMAIN=nisnet
and ypserv runs at boot time in the master also ypbind runs in the client
i ran ypinit -m in the server and enter the name of the server (redes.digi
cupet.cu) when he ask me the names of the hosts that runs NIS servers,
perhaps i should put there the name of the nis domain or the name of the
client or anything else but i couldn't find nothing that point me in the
right direction
in both machines the /etc/hosts files point to each one
and in the client yp.conf file i put the line:
domain nisnet server redes.digi.cupet.cu
with all this done i still having the message not bound to server when i
start the client
what i do wrong?
please tell me
thank