Dual NIC cards - Need help

Bret Stern bret_stern at machinemanagement.com
Sun Feb 26 00:47:16 UTC 2006

I have installed two NIC cards on a Dell Poweredge 1300.

I'm routing port 80 through my firewall to my web server.
These requests arrive via eth0.

Eth1 is used to access a backend database via perl cgi
scripts called on the host Apache httpd server.

One card is on subnet 192.168.0.xx
One card is on subnet 192.168.5.xx

I can ping both networks. However, I cannot see any of
the Samba and Windows 2000 servers on my network.

My plan is to have perl scripts access the backend
database.

Any ideas on why I cannot see my internal network using
the gnome Network explorer? Or is it a good thing not
being able to see the internal network?

Regards,

Bret Stern