Remote Linux desktop?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jan 20 17:24:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 06:43 -0800, gerrynix wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a client who needs to display a desktop from one Linux box to
> another on their Local Area Network. Which might be the best besr
> method?  Is there a VNC client for Linux?  Is rsh or ssh better?

Linux comes with VNC (both server and client).  You can have multiple
VNC desktops (each with a different user) or share the main one over
VNC.  See "man vncserver" for details.

The client is called "vncviewer".  See "man vncviewer" for details.

Personally, I tunnel VNC through ssh.

-      To err is human, to forgive, beyond the scope of the OS       -