Howto setup - OOB FC5 Apache SSL

interp01 interp01 at sevenbelow.com
Mon Jun 12 01:17:13 UTC 2006

Spent way too much time on this already :)  Is it possible to recompile
the Out of Box instance of Apache on FC5?  For some reason it appears
the Apache FC5 OOB version does not have SSL precompiled into it,
causing none of the SSL Directives to be working.  Can someone confirm
this?

I like the fact that squirrelmail and PHP already come installed and
preconfigured with FC5 on Apache.  The only issue I have is that my
webmail is passing insecure passwords via http.  Mod_ssl is only
supported by Apache 1.3.X, how do I get SSL working on apache 2.2.2 with
out a recompile? Or do I need to reinstall a new instance of Apache and
then recompile PHP and Squirrelmail?  Any insight would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

DK