memory limits to es3, u4

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jun 12 16:42:49 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 15:26 -0500, Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 01:07:18PM -0700, Ron McKeever wrote:
> > This might help:
>
> Here is the URL pasted back together.  (#$%&#$ MS Lookout)
>
> > http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-kernel.html
> >

> > Ron
>
> Also an upgrade to RHES v4 would be a good idea.  You get the 2.6.xx
> kernel.  I'm administering a couple of 2x2 Opteron boxes and it sees
> all four CPUs.

Remember that RHES, by default, maxes out at 2 CPUs (an apparent 4 if
you have hyperthreading) and 4 GB RAM.  This is one of the differences
between it and RHAS (up to 16 CPUs and 64GB RAM).

You can rebuild the kernel and up the limits by tweaking the config
files or possibly install the "bigmem" kernel.  I'm not sure if that
would affect your support (probably would).

-    I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!      -