unusual problem...

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jun 12 16:53:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 03:10 +0000, Salman Siddiqui wrote:

> Yesterday I tried to install FC4 on my friends machine but wot it did
> was this:
> it started with the CD. Then when I pressed enter for graphical
> installtion it rebooted the system...What is this???Why does it
> reboot???
>
> Now see this...when I try & do the same thing from Red Hat 9 CD it
> boots from cd & on pressing enter for graphical installation it
> "STARTS THE GRAPHCAL INSTALLATION" without any problems???
>
> what is the problem??

FC4 is a radical departure from RH9.  There are several things that
could be going on.  First, make sure your friend's machine has enough
memory.  An FC4 GUI install requires 512MB RAM minimum.  There are other
potential limitations.  Can you describe what your friend's computer is?
We need RAM size, motherboard make, CPU type, video card type, etc.

- Linux is like a wigwam...no windows, no gates...and apache inside! -