Crontab issuing GET

Roger Harrell roger at audiblefaith.com
Sat Mar 18 17:20:59 UTC 2006

Ok, that worked. Now explain to me why doing it this way worked. It ends
up placing a file in /etc/cron.d with the exact same permissions of the
file I created manually.

So the manual which states:
" The cron daemon checks the etc/crontab file, the etc/cron.d/
directory, and the /var/spool/cron directory every minute for any
changes. If any changes are found, they are loaded into memory. Thus,
the daemon does not need to be restarted if a crontab file is changed."

Means that it picks up changes in /etc/cron.d to files that it's already
aware of, but will not pick up new files?

Thanks,
Roger

-- Original --
Try with crontab -e logging with your user ID and give

15 3 * * * /usr/bin/GET http://path

Thanks

Best regards
Bala