Problems with RHL AS 4

Brenda Radford brkittycat at verizon.net
Wed Mar 22 21:48:12 UTC 2006

Rick Stevens wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 09:01 -0300, John Von Random wrote:
>

>>Hi dears,
>>
>>I have a Red Hat AS 4 in my company, and my problem are:
>>I installed the RHL and everything functioned perfectly but, later
>>that I executed update simply it stopped to function the installation
>>of packages for the CD-ROM. It mounts the CD-ROM and when it goes to
>>make the reading of the packages disassembles the CD-ROM automatically
>>and asks for the CD again, repeating the problem indefinitely.
>>How i can solve this problem?
>>
>>P.S.: I use a AMD64 version over SunFire V40z.
>>

>"executed update"?  You mean "up2date"?  If so, up2date doesn't check
>the CD, it only contacts the up2date servers at Red Hat.
>
>You need to clarify what you're asking about.

>- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens at vitalstream.com -
>- VitalStream, Inc.                       http://www.vitalstream.com -
>-                                                                    -
>-           grep me no patterns and I'll tell you no lines           -

He's trying to Add/Remove Programs and his box won't recognize the CD.
He must have updated  at least one version
since he installed., because I am having the same trouble. I installed
Update 2, but now up2date has me up to Update 3.
My box doesn't recognize the RHEL AS 4 Update 2 CDs, and it exited with
error when I tried to give it Update 3 CDs.

He could always download the packages from the Red Hat Network and
install the rpms from the command line.
rpm -ivh package-name

Hope this helps,

Brenda