Printing to printer on Windoze machine

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Mon Mar 27 05:11:22 UTC 2006

On Sat, March 25, 2006 11:52 pm, Harold Hallikainen said:

>> Hi Harold
>>
>> I found a TCP/IP client for Win98 that allows printing to an LPR/LPD
>> printer's IP address. I don't know if that will help, but if so, let me
>> know and I could email it to you privately.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> Thanks! I think that's the "wrong end" of the system. As I understand it,
> the client would let the Win98 machine print to an IPP printer. I'd like
> something (a server?) that allows a printer on the Windows machine to be
> printed to by other IPP clients on the network (or get my smb printing to
> work!).
>
> Thanks for the offer!
>
> Harold

Drat. Okay, I use SMB/Samba printing to win98 boxes all the time. The
'trick' is to point the Linux print queue to //host/sharname in the first
setup step.
That was an annoying 'undocumented feature' of the setup that took me a
while to figure out.

Karl

> --
> FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com

karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
    _/ _/       _/      _/    _/     ____________  _-\<._
   _/_/        _/      _/_/_/                     (_)/ (_)
  _/ _/       _/      _/           ......................
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
 -Ramsey Clark
---