FC4 don't detect any CD/DVD

jpallares at cbuc.es jpallares at cbuc.es
Wed May 10 09:40:55 UTC 2006

Hy,

I can't belive it too. I have an sata hard disk too with the machine and it
would be the problem (maybe).

# ls -la /proc/ide/
total 0
dr-xr-xr-x    2 root root 0 May 10 11:54 .
dr-xr-xr-x  135 root root 0 May 10 11:15 ..
-r--r--r--    1 root root 0 May 10 11:54 drivers

I don't have any hd* and no ide too.

In the /dev/ directori I don't have any hd* too and no symbolic link too.

Have anybody any more idea?.

I don't know how to parch the kernel or if i need to recompile it.

Thanks in advance

/Jordi