Install fails during installation of rpmdb-redhat-4-0.20060803

Eric John street_drifter2006 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 03:55:50 UTC 2006

python you say?  it wouldnt happen to come with an executable compiler??

I dont suppose anything in linux does

I tried to install dragonlinux from floppy onto a VAIO 350 Pii one time around 01/02 and as a result of the experience I was overjoyed to find the 4 red hat FC2 install cds came with the one linux class that was offered.

I could be wrong but my theory is its easiest if you shell out some money for the cds which is reasonable enough but that is not enough cuz I did and still im like crap

John Powell <powellj at gmail.com> wrote: Ok..

So I have given up on the cd install method. It just aint workin for me.
I have setup a ftp server and have attempted to install several times
and so far no luck.. I do get past the rpmdb package but now I get the
same error while installing the python package. I have since downloaded
and replaced the python rpm on the ftp server and tried again... still
the same error. I don't understand what is going on! The python rpm was
downloaded from rhn and the md5 sum is correct. In addition the binary
compare of the original (from the ISO) and the downloaded package from
RHN are identical!

ARGH!!!!! So frustrating! Please someone help!

redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com

http://mail.yahoo.com