playing video from abc.com?

mylar micros50 at computer.net
Fri Oct 6 18:15:31 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 10:39, Harold Hallikainen wrote:
> I'm running FC5 and have the flash player working. When I try to play
> video from abc.com (such as program episodes), it seems to just sit there
> downloading from Adobe forever. Has anyone had any luck playing video from
> abc.com?
>
> THANKS!
>
> Harold

The question I have  is why is it downloading from Adobe ? Shouldn't it
be downloading/playing from abc.com ??

Could it be a possible version incompatibility ? What browser are you
playing it on ? Could it be looking for a flash player update at Adobe
and never finding it ?

Reason I mention this is because a lot of websites have switched to
using Flash 8. Unfortunately there is no Flash 8 for Linux nor is there
going to be. The most recent Flash version for Linux is Flash 7.

Adobe claims they are going to be releasing a Flash 9 for Linux sometime
in 2007. Still quite a long ways away.

mylar