helo detail req

Nathan Andrews nandrews at med.umich.edu
Mon Sep 11 18:36:22 UTC 2006

IIRC, RedHat has been using KDE 3 since 7.x. If you want to use the most
modern KDE (3.5.x), then you'll want to compile your own, and, as it was
stated, you probably don't want to mess around with that.

If you want a RedHat system with the modern goodies, I recommend the
Fedora Core series (currently version 5).

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 16:50 +0530, amit pansuria wrote:
> helo every one how r u
> i m right now using  redhat -9.
> in that kde version 2.1 is available as a redhat distribution.
> now i want to use kde-3 on redhat 9
> so what to do install kde-3 on redhat 9
> tell me step by step which packages i need to install for kde 3 on
> redhat 9 with step by step
> i mean i m not able to understand in which sequence(order) i need to
> install kde packages.
> plz tell me step by step what to do

Red Hat 9 is dead and buried.  There are no new updates to it.  If you
want to use KDE3 on it, you'll have to build it from scratch and I
rather doubt you want to even try to do it.  There are many, MANY
changes to the underlying system.

redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com