service named failed

A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru
Thu Sep 28 13:36:26 UTC 2006

Are there any error messages from named in syslog (or named log file)?
It seems that GUI control for named uses rndc for communicating with
named and, of course, can not connect to non-running named to sent the
command (even a start command). Try to start named using "service named
start" or its startup script in /etc/rc.d directly. If named would still
refuse to start, it would write error messages to syslog.

Alexey Fadyushin.
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com