No Video after Kernel Upgrade.

mylar micros50 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 12 19:53:15 UTC 2007

Hello

I have been running Fedora 7 for several months under the XEN kernel...
kernel-xen-2.6.18  for several months with relatively good results. I
recently upgraded the kernel to kernel-xen-2.6.20 using yum. However,
upon trying to boot the machine into kernel-xen-2.6.20 I get an error
message from my monitor saying "cannot display this graphics mode".

I don't get it. I am running a Dell Dimension 4600 machine with an
integrated  82865G graphics display card and a Dell E172FP Flat Panel
LCD monitor. I am using the "i810" driver. I am running at a resolution
of 1280 x 1024. It was working fine at these settings under the older
2.6.18 kernel. Matter of fact if I boot into the 2.6.18 kernel my
display works fine. But if I try and boot into 2.6.20 I get bupkis along
with my display telling me "I cannot display this graphics mode".

Any ideas as to why I might be having this problem ? Is there something
else I need to update along with the kernel. Had I not kept the old
kernel on the system the machine would be unusable right now. Any help
would be appreciated... Thanks.

mylar

email->  micros50 at verizon.net

"I Speak Mathematics"