samba, fc5 win98

tyche at ica.net tyche at ica.net
Wed May 2 13:10:09 UTC 2007

i have an old laptop that i use as an answering machine. i am running out of
hd space on it. i would like too use some filespace on my fc5 server for the
answering machines use.

i am unable to get the laptop to mount the smb share. win98 keeps telling me
the password is wrong.

even with iptables shut down and encryption off on both machines still no
mounting. i can ftp files from one to the other, but can not mount the
shares.

security does no good unless it allows one to do what one needs doing.

any help would be appreciated.

tia

tyche