samba, fc5 win98

Bret Stern bret_stern at machinemanagement.com
Wed May 2 14:21:53 UTC 2007

It's pretty early where i'm at so ignore typos.

I seem to recall Samba uses only eight characters
for a password (default) Maybe your password is too long

Try setting the smb.conf file, or (in x) to be a share
only (no passwords) to see if the connection works without
the security.

If yes, then try a shorter password

Are you able to access the server from other workstations?

Try shutting down selinux for the smb service.
Be sure to set your lan in selinux as a trusted device.

Keep trying