how do I access gnome/kde desktop from windows

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Wed May 30 07:44:55 UTC 2007

drumil narayan a écrit :
> thanks Daniel,
> the linux box is at very remote end and it will
> require permissions for installation..
> Hence am looking for a xwindows based client to access
> gui...for urgent need..

ssh to the machine, install what you need -in this case VNC server- and
then connect from your windows box as explained below. Anyway, if your
linux box is correctly installed and is on a public network -eg
Internet- the installed firewall rules will never accept a connection if
not allowed before, which means no possibility to access a X11 session
"out of the box"

PS: please do not top post, thanks.

--
Daniel