ubs mem stick install

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Thu Sep 6 20:45:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:35:19PM -0500, Fred Grant wrote:
> First, I noticed Rick has a new web address and I hope that is a good
> thing!
>
> I keep reading about linux ubs systems.

Do you mean USB?  (Dyslexics Untie!)

> Is it possible to install
> Fedora from one of these?

I think so, if the box will boot from a USB device.  I think the more
recent boxes do.

> I don't have a dvd and am reluctant to buy
> one just to upgrade to FC-7.

The other alternative is to download the DVD ISO to a hard drive,
internal or USB drive, then boot from the F7 rescue CD to install.  I
think that will work.  Not tried.  I'm still migrating to FC6.

> Thanks,
> --
> Fred

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's
perseverance.  2 Thessalonians 3:5 (NIV)