ubs mem stick install

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Sep 7 00:57:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 15:45 -0500, Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:35:19PM -0500, Fred Grant wrote:
> > First, I noticed Rick has a new web address and I hope that is a good
> > thing!
> >
> > I keep reading about linux ubs systems.
>
> Do you mean USB?  (Dyslexics Untie!)
>
> > Is it possible to install
> > Fedora from one of these?
>
> I think so, if the box will boot from a USB device.  I think the more
> recent boxes do.
>
> > I don't have a dvd and am reluctant to buy
> > one just to upgrade to FC-7.
>
> The other alternative is to download the DVD ISO to a hard drive,
> internal or USB drive, then boot from the F7 rescue CD to install.  I
> think that will work.  Not tried.  I'm still migrating to FC6.

There's also an "F7 Live CD" you can download, burn and boot.  It will
run all by itself or you can do a network install from it using public
servers.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-      "Doctor!  My brain hurts!"  "It will have to come out!"       -