DNS Setup - feora 6

jwimbush jwimbush at richmond.edu
Fri Sep 14 14:37:03 UTC 2007

What I actually wanted to do is to set up a small to medium website with my
own DNS servers. I hosted a few clients with special requirements and
limited needs( mail, ftp, news). I had it working with one static IP and a
local network behind the firewall. ( It also worked with dynamic ip). I got
my static ips through comcast (the only decent bandwidth available) because
I had the opportunity to grow to a cost effective size. I initially thought
I could use the static ips for client computers exposed to the world. So I
have static ips from comcast and comcast¹s dns servers, domains from
networksolutions and their domain servers and my domain servers. The comcast
connection has been a problem. It goes down a lot and the gateway router
often resets the configuration to default. I am not certain how comcast
expects my static ips to be used. I offloaded my clients to one of the mega
sites while I rethink these configuration issues. If you come up with
something that works let me know.