DNS Setup - feora 6

jwimbush jwimbush at richmond.edu
Fri Sep 14 15:09:28 UTC 2007

The services you need to initially have running correctly to know that all
is well Serverland are bind(DNS ), httpd(web), sendmail(mail), and one of
the ftp(file transport) services (proftp for example). Sendmail may not be
the easiest mail server to set up but there is a lot of documentation online
for it, it does everything, the default configuration is usually almost
right and it won¹t work if dns is not set up correctly. You don¹t need a
dedicated server for bind unless you are serving thousands of domain names.
Dns serving take very little computer resources.