trying to build kernel but getting error

jim ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Fri Sep 28 18:26:11 UTC 2007

Thanks Rick,
> > + patch -p1 -s
> > Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
> >

> > What does this last line mean?
>
> It means that the patch you're trying to apply has already been applied.
> In other words, the kernel RPM you're installing already has that patch
> as part of it.  If you look in the spec file from the RPM, you'll
> probably find that patch listed, although it may not be named the
> same.  Patch only cares about what it actually sees in the patch file
> and the file to be patched...it doesn't care what the patchfile itself
> is named.
Thanks, so in other words I can comment out  :

Patch1: patch-2.6.22.9.bz2

and still end up with a 2.6.22.9 kernel even though I'm using
kernel-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.src.rpm ?

> I'm starting to think you have other issues.  Have you updated the BIOS
> on this machine?

yes I just updated it a couple of days ago based on your suggestion. I
have seen another posting with someone with the same machine HP ZD7000
who made his stable by disabling powernowd but FC6 doesn't appear to use
this??

jim