IMAP Login fails

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Wed Sep 17 04:03:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, September 16, 2008 6:59 pm, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Karl Pearson wrote:

>>> They're called "senior moments" and I get them often.  :-)
>>>
>>> Glad you sorted it out.  You didn't state you were using secure http,
>>> or I would've suggested that.  I assumed a normal Squirrelmail/IMAP
>>> installation.  I know, never assume.
>>
>> You assumed right. I am NOT using 943/IMAPS which is why I wouldn't have
>> thought to look there either.
>
> I meant your connection to Squirrelmail.  It sounds like it's via https
> on port 443 (which would require SSL), but I could be wrong.

I have https up, but don't use it for email. I'm thinking of switching to it,
however. So, still why would it end up in ssl_error_log? One thing I noticed
while tinkering around with Dovecot was that alpine connected and the logs
said it was using TLS, even though that's turned off for alpine, too.

>> And I have senior moments as much as regular moments now... Grandkids do
>> that
>> to one, eh? :)
>
> I wish I had such an excuse, Karl.  I'm 50, single and to my knowledge
> never, uh, procreated.  At least no one's tried to claim paternity.  An
> old "friend" told me I was the poster child for Planned Parenthood: a
> big photo of me with the caption, "Don't let THIS happen again!"
>
> :-)

With no offspring, you would have to be the poster *child*, hmmm? I would then
be the poster child for the Catholic/Mormon Reproduction Symposium???  7 kids,
3 grandkids, so far...  I still have 4 to get married, so that number will
change. ;-)

---
      _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
  _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---