Problem in Compiling Kernel 2.6.24 : kernel headers remains unchanged

Alok Pandey alok.rhct at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 08:18:52 UTC 2008

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your time,
What I am trying to do is, want to use the new feature of  *TCP-MD5* for
encryption  and for which I need to compile a new kernel version >2.6.24
(as lower version kernels don't have such options)
After successful kernel installation , still guy's (developers)  are not
able to use it as it complains about KERNEL-HEADERS.

As i am not a developer and have limited knowledge about lib and
headers, hope you will understand my problem and will able to suggest me
the best way to resolve this issue.
*Reasons why it seems to be an Kernel headers problem ,because *
    In kernel src dir i.e linux2.6.46/usr/include/linux/
       there is file named tcp.h (which had entry for tcp-md5) ,but
       file tcp.h on system (/usr/include/netinet/) don't have such
entry and after installation it remains unchanged and;
     Our script use that file from system src (/usr/include/netinet/)
also
I think ,gcc is also need to be upgraded , if this be the case, then
what will be the safe way to UPGRADE the gcc.

PLZ SUGGEST....!!

Thanks
Alok