LPI Cert

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Apr 8 18:17:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 01:09:45PM -0400, Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
> How recognized is the LPI certification?

I did the poor man's test.  I went to monster.com and searched for rhce.
I found 14 jobs.  I searched for LPI and got 12, only one of which was
IT related (LP also stands for loan prevention).

Search for "rhce and linux" yields 10 results.  "lpi and linux" yields
only 1.

The 4 positions that mention RHCE but not Linux are those that require
something like "MCSE or RHCE).

Searching for "linux and not rhce" yields almost 3,000 positions.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org