Ping Driving me Crazy....

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Sun Apr 18 09:10:00 UTC 2004

Harry,

That sounds really odd. :-( Can you post the relevant rules?

Cheers...another,
Harry

Quoting Harry <hari76 at omantel.net.om>:

*> Hi All,
*>
*> I am having crazy issues with Ping from my Windows Boxes to Linux.My Linux
*> box acts as a server for all the Windows Machines, I have enabled Iptables
*> and Squid Proxy, used the Ip no of the Linux Box as the gateway on the
*> Windows.what I have noticed is that when I ping from the Windows Boxes it
*> times out, whereas from the linux to the Windows it works, then agian when I
*> get back to the windows it works for a while then again stops. I have
*> changed network cards, and tried all possible stuff, still the same...I am
*> going Insane...any help will be REALLY appreciated.
*>
*> Regards
*>
*> Harry
*>
*>
*> "In all this world, there is only you
*> When all else ceases, there is only you"
*> -- to my MASTER!
*>     Harish
*> harish at sabnanis.com
*> harish.sabnani at cyberhutoman.com
*>

--
Harry Hoffman
hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
---
November 2, 2004: National Bush trimming day