Cant authenticate to LDAP domain with Redhat9

Rigler, Steve SRigler at MarathonOil.com
Fri Jul 2 20:14:28 UTC 2004

Your ldapsearch and getent look fine.  Do you have anything for
shadow in your nsswitch.conf?

For the pam stuff, start by looking at your system-auth file.
This is how it looks on a RH9 box as configured by authconfig:

#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth        required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

account     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore
service_err=ignore system_err=ignore] /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so

password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
type=
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so nullok
use_authtok md5
shadow
password    sufficient    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password    required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
session     optional      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so

-Steve