Cant authenticate to LDAP domain with Redhat9

shaughto shaughto at ee.ucr.edu
Sat Jul 3 01:48:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

The only significant difference I see between your system_auth and mine is
the /$ISA/.  Also you have an extra line for pam_ldap.so
Well here is my system_auth.  Also this is the same system_auth that works
on other computers... but I may need to modify it to work for redhat 9?

#%PAM-1.0

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth       sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_deny.so

account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password   sufficient   /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok md5 shadow
use_authtok
password   required     /lib/security/pam_deny.so

session    required     /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so
session    optional      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

Is the $ISA necessary? And how about extra line for pam_ldap.so?
I'll give it a shot and see if it makes a difference.  Thanks.

--
Steven