page won't load

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sun Jul 25 23:02:05 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 03:42:46PM -0700, Stephen W wrote:

> Using RH 9.0 and firefox 0.8.
>
> I cannot load this URL:
>
> http://www.lafayettelofts.com.
>
> I was able to go to my windows box and open it with IE
>  :(
>
> What is wrong with my RH/Firefox?

Nothing.  A better question would be to ask what's wrong with the web
site developer!

Go to http://www.otisahearn.com/lafayettelofts/sales.htm to bypass some
of the checking they're doing.  I viewed the pages there with Firefox
0.9.2 on RHEL 3.

Home Depot used to do this kind of crap for a while too.  Some
developers specifically check to see what kind of browser you're using.
Standards are a good thing but developers should learn to start using
them.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA