Login Restrictions

Ted Beaton tbeaton at plansysit.com
Tue Jun 1 18:28:50 UTC 2004

I have an application running on a Redhat 9 machine that requires being run by a certain user.  I also have security requirements that necessitate logging the actions of all users logged into the system so I can't have two different people log in with the same user name.  Then I won't know who is doing what on the system.  What I would like to do is have a separate user account for each person and then require them to su to the common user account that needs to run the application.  Then I can track the individual logins and know who su'd to the common account and when they did it.  Does anyone know how to disable logins to the common user account while still allowing the account to be functional for when people need to su to it?

Thanks in advance,

Ted