Login Restrictions

Gehring, Andrew x66132 Andrew_Gehring at adp.com
Tue Jun 1 18:33:34 UTC 2004

One word...

sudo

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Beaton [mailto:tbeaton at plansysit.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 12:31 PM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: Login Restrictions

I have an application running on a Redhat 9 machine that requires being run
by a certain user.  I also have security requirements that necessitate
logging the actions of all users logged into the system so I can't have two
different people log in with the same user name.  Then I won't know who is
doing what on the system.  What I would like to do is have a separate user
account for each person and then require them to su to the common user
account that needs to run the application.  Then I can track the individual
logins and know who su'd to the common account and when they did it.  Does
anyone know how to disable logins to the common user account while still
allowing the account to be functional for when people need to su to it?

Thanks in advance,

Ted

_
attachments from your system.