app to look/view/inspect http traffic...

Leonard Miller Leonard.Miller at udlp.com
Wed Jun 9 18:38:24 UTC 2004

Wow, I didn't even know there was tcpdump for Winders.  That must have
started as a joke and just got carried away.  Kind of like:
puff....puff...pass....dude, I wonder if this will work.

The page/url that you are looking for will be imbedded in the packets.
If you start tcpdump, or whatever it's called on Winders, writing
to a file with the -vvvX option, if that option exists on the Winders version,
enter the url in your browser and go.  Then when you're ready,
stop WindersDump, or whatever it's called and view the file.

Try writing the file with "WindersDump -w capture.cap -vvvX"
and viewing the file with "windersdump -r capture.cap -vvvX"

It should automatically do the DNS lookups and the host names
should appear in the packet headers.

I don't even know what version tcpdump is up to now.  I guess
I should look

Leonard

>>> "bruce" <bedouglas at earthlink.net> 06/09/04 02:20PM >>>
regarding tcpdump....

i'm testing the windows version of tcpdump... i have it running, and i see
traffic between my browser and the webserver. however, the results that i'm
seeing are apparently only giving me the top level of the website that is
being pointed to with the browser. is there a way to setup the tcpdump app
to actually get the full name of the page that is being targeted with the
browser???

-bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net